The Work Order Workshop:
The Key to Resident Retention…Focus on Work Orders
- Research shows a strong relationship between incomplete work orders and overall satisfaction, which impacts a resident’s likelihood to renew their lease
- Additional research indicates that maintenance techs can waste up to 2 hours per day deciphering work order information.
- Ultimately, completing work orders right the first time in a timely manner requires a total team effort, from the person or system that takes the request, to the maintenance team member who completes the work, to the person or system that follows up with the resident to confirm the work order was completed to their satisfaction.
- As a team, conduct a Work Order Workshop to:
- Define the 10 Most Common Work Orders.
- Identify troubleshooting tips that office staff can share with residents.
- List 5 key questions for each Common Work Order
- Best Practice
- Ensure the entire team works together to complete the work sheet and understand their own roles in the process.
- Re-visit the work sheet as the seasons change and the Common Work Orders change.
- Review the current work sheet with each new associate so the clear communication can continue.
Please download the attached Work Order Workshop Worksheet.