What Does Syndication Do?
Through your property management system, you are able to sync your community information to ApartmentRatings.com. By choosing us as one of your MITS Feed partners, your community information will automatically integrate to the associated community page on ApartmentRatings. This includes available units, professional photos, amenities, office hours and much more.
ApartmentRatings currently partners with the following Property Management System:
- OnSite - Ellipse
Syndicating your information allows a prospect to obtain the most accurate information when looking for an apartment. The system will automatically update community information so you can make as many edits as you please.
Syndication Instructions for Each Property Management System
- Log into RENTCafé
- You will see a list of all properties once logged in.
- On the left-hand column, you will see the 'Company Management' tab then click on 'ILS Feed Set Up'.
- Find ApartmentRatings in the ILS column
- Complete = number of properties listed on that website
- Partial = partial information on that website
- Not sent = missing information
- Unlisted = properties not on website
- Click on Unlisted Properties and check the 'Include' box for individual properties.
- Once the boxes are checked, click on the 'Update' button located on top of the screen.
- You will receive an email within 24 hours, confirming which properties synced successfully.
- After logging in, select the community you wish to sync in “Marketing Center”.
- Then select the Manage Syndication tab.
- Select the “Add Channel” button at the top of the page. From the pop-up, select ApartmentRatings to enable syndication.
- Once ApartmentRatings is selected, it will appear in the list of ILS’s on your Home page for syndication.
- Log into Vaultware/Market Connect.
- Click on the 'ILS Section' on the front tab.
- You will then see a directory of all website services on your MITS feed.
- Scroll down to search for ApartmentRatings to make sure it's active. If not enabled, check off the red box or click on the 'Edit' in the right-hand corner.
- A pop-up will then appear with your selection. Make sure to select 'Save' to finalize. Please note that 'Full Content Status' needs to be turned on to send ALL community information. If this is off, the system will only send pricing and availability to the associated websites.
- Log into your Property Management portal.
- Click on the 'Setup' tab on the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on Leads then ILS Portal.
- You will see a directory of all websites on your MITS feed.
- Scroll down to search for ApartmentRatings.com to make sure it's active.
- If there are no active listings, click on the 'Manage Button' to add properties.
- You will then see a list of all properties on the left-hand corner. Click on the 'Green+' to sync individual properties.
- Select 'Add Properties' to finalize.